Monday, October 11, 2010

Stuck in the middle

So tonight:) I'm the a**hole. Haha as I was running off the shuttle at 7:03 I noticed that there was no way I would make the 7:05. So I decided to walk leisurely to the 7:18 on track 18. As I'm nearly halfway across gc at 7:04 I realize I'm right by the track for the 7:05... So the New Yorker in me came out and I ran for it... In four inch heels. As I'm running i begin to realize two things... One this train will be packed and two there won't be any seats.... To late to turn back I fly past the first car which is the bar car... Not even gunna go there in tonights post... Past the second car because it was thd bathroom car... Again... Not gunna go there for obvious reasons. I hop on the third car and start to search for a seat.

I nearly laughed out loud because as I took my walk of shame down the aisle as the late comer, every single person in a three seater did EXACTLY what I would do in this situation... They pretended to be sleeping! Lmao I found solice in knowing I wasn't the only person to fake sleep to avoid a second seat mate.

So I walked until I found two females with bags all over the middle seat. I asked if I could sit there and woman on the end smiled and moved her bags (she wasn't a month ticket holder.... Generally they are nicer.) HOWEVER the larger than normal beast sitting near the window shot me the stink eye and moved her bag at the slowest pace possible. Maybe she thought I would change my mind. Haha. "you're moving too slow, I'll pass..." NOPE! But the best part happened when I sat down and... No lie... "Stuck in the middle" by Mika started to play on my iPod.

There's a smell coming from somewhere.... Screaming children and ofcourse the drunks, but nothing tops the "fake sleep". Haha I love it. Happy trails, folks!

1 comment:

  1. come on. who hasnt pretended to be asleep on the train. never stopped me though. I liked waking people up and making them move their shit.

    ReplyDelete