Thursday, October 7, 2010

Looooooove desire....

Despite sitting next to one of the sharpest dressed older men I have seen in a long time, tonight's adventure didn't wait long to come out and play. Within five minutes of sitting down next to me, Mr. Brown derby man was dead asleep. Hat over his eyes, leaned up against the window, I could only assume that he too had once married the MTA. I was hopeful. He dressed well, didn't smell, had a nice watch, looked clean....

CLICK, click, click... clickclickclickclick... "TICKETS"!!!!!

Mr. friendly train conductor man BUSTS through the car door yelling "tickets" to wake everyone up. Needless to say, Mr. Brown Derby man woke up... but he didn't just wake up.... he flew out of his seat as if someone had just shot off a gun! I really have to remember to thank Mr. Friendly conductor man for yelling, because if he hadn't... oh this next part wouldn't have happened.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are uncomfortable in your tiny seat on the train... PLEASE don't readjust yourself by slamming your body into the seat-back...  We, for the next 45 to 60 minutes are attached and share a common resting place for our behinds. The seat piping, though magical, will not lessen the jolt I (your seatmate) receive from your repeat attempts at comfort. It is, after all, a plastic covered, nonadjustable, bench in which we willingly signed up to sit in for a period of time. ALSO, if you are still not comfortable by your 20th body slamming attempt for comfort... get up. it's not going to get any better.

Once Mr. Brown Derby hat finally realized this fact... he began to clap. Yep. He clapped his way from New Rochell alllllll the way to Stamford. Guess what folks... it didn't end there. I started to get a little worried when he began pointing to the invisible man while saying... you dah man, fist pumped and then flashed the thumbs up, to the back of the seat. AFTER taking out his freshly wrapped  cigar and running it under his nose... the singing began. Yes, I caught this on video, yes I finally stood up due to the pounding in my head, yes I'm happy tomorrow is Friday. Brought on from his seat thumping, hand clapping, LOVE DESIRE mmm mmm mmmm-ing, I now have a headache. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. UUUUUUGGGGHHHH....LOVE DESIRE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earth, Wind & Fire....from my day...love the Blog Cait

    ReplyDelete
  3. you better watch yourself little missy.. posting videos of someone without their knowledge may be illegal! annnnd if they catch you.. he may want to turn you into his love desire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think Mr. Love Desire is checking up on the blog scene anytime soon :)

    ReplyDelete